Sunday, March 4, 2018

How are Pets Therapeutic and Beneficial to Life?

I'm not talking about sit down across from your pet and let them do therapy with you... or am I?  Pets can be some of the best medicine.  We have an Italian Mastiff named Brew and two cats named Fester and Tigger who are currently sleeping on top of my feet hogging all the room.  I love them!

Have you ever had a bad day, which I'm sure you have you human and needed to calm down or get your mind off of things.  Instead of picking up the phone and calling a friend or family member with your negativity, instead of posting it on social media making you look like a poor me Debbie Downer, instead of drinking or smoking your problems away giving you a hangover, why don't you try spending some quality time with your pets.

Some days I just pause and watch my two cats.  These two are a comedy show!  They hunt each other, slap each other in the face with their paws, they play tag, they steal each others toys, they play fight, they steal my stuff, they are hilarious to watch and really do make me laugh out loud.  Tigger walks past the same spot on the floor everyday all day long and at least once a day he tries to attack the spot on the floor.  He will do back flips, jump at it with all his might, tap at it, it's as if the spot comes to life once or twice a day and talks crap to him and he tries to get back at it.  He's hilarious to watch with his spot on the floor.  They have me going from dull to happiness in a heartbeat!

Pets can change your mood for the better.  I find myself holding my phone about to do who knows what that I don't need to do and when one of my furry family members jumps on my lap rubbing against my phone I can't help but put my phone down and spend time with them.  Their fully present minds help me to keep in check and remind myself, this is the only moment I have, why not spend it with a being that has a heartbeat who loves me unconditionally instead of picking my phone back up to do nothingness.

Pets love us sooooooooooo much and we need to ensure we are giving them that same love back.  Why and how are pets beneficial to life?  Well Honey here's a list;

1) Pets decrease loneliness
2) Pets increase happiness
3) Pets decrease depression
4) Pets reduce anxiety
5) Pets bring you back to the present moment
6) Pets love you unconditionally
7) You are your pets happiness
8) Pets are hilarious to watch
9) Pets give you a since of loyalty
10) Pets lower your stress levels
11) Pets give you someone to cuddle with
12) Pets increase your activity, go walk your dog
13) Pets are great date magnets
14) Pets provide companionship
15) Pets decrease Alzheimer outbursts
16) Pets increase your alive days on Earth
17) Pets lower blood pressure
18) Pets increase levels of serotonin and dopamine in your body
19) Pets love you know matter what
20) Pets improve your cardiovascular health
21) Walking your dog increases your social interactions with other humans

I can go on and on with why and how pets are beneficial to your life.  If you don't have a pet you should get one.  If you have a pet I hope you increase the time you spend with your furry bundle of love.

I love when I get home from anywhere and how our two cats and dog run to the door to greet me.  I make sure to stop and pet all three and say hi to them and show them I missed them as well and love them oh so much!

Yes, you can just sit and talk to your pet and they will look at you tilting their heads and rubbing up against you and remind you that no matter what, everything is okay.









No comments:

Post a Comment