Thursday, January 11, 2018

Did You Know You're a Role Model At Any Age?

Yes, You!  You're a role model.  Everywhere you go people are watching you; your non verbal communication, your audible communication, the way in which you carry yourself, the way you dress, walk, help others, facial expressions, everything.

Age has nothing to do with it.  Little kids are role models all the way up through adults.  Have you ever watched children play or interact with one another or even with adults and noticed how some will help each other out, steal, offer adults a helping hand, give a crying child their toy, and even their mannerisms.  We can lean from children just as children learn from children.  Being a role model has nothing to do with age or birth order.

For a day or even a couple of hours increase your awareness of self and pay attention to everything you do at the end of the day or the next couple hours and ask yourself; would I want to be anything like me?  Am I nice to others?  Do I help people out?  Did I give my last?  Do I use profanity throughout the day?  Did I put others down?  Was I negative?  This is a good way to have a self check-in to see what type of behaviors and responses you are putting out to the rest of the world.

When you are walking through the store, standing in line, arguing on your cell phone, making faces, babies and adults alike are watching you.  They are thinking I don't want to be anything like that person, I hope I don't treat people like that, wow that was really nice what he/she did, I love that outfit I should try something like that, I can't believe a little kid opened the door for me when I don't do that for others, etc.  I challenge you to be one in which people learn from and want to be like.  I'm not saying be exactly like you as we are all different, however I am saying gain your positivity, generosity, compassion, unconditional positive regard, and happiness.  I'm asking you to challenge yourself to be love.

As you go about your day, go about it in a way in which you can increase happiness in both yourself and others.  I'm sure you've heard service to others is very rewarding and fulfilling so start opening the door for strangers, smile at every baby you see, wear a smile on your face, compliment someone, pick up a piece of trash you see on the ground, turn toward being positive and completely shy away from negativity through your talk and mannerisms.

We are all watching, so be someone worth watching, be someone your kids, nephews, nieces, brothers sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and strangers can see as a positive role model.

You are a role model!

No comments:

Post a Comment