Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Dance on Baby! Dance on!

Do you dance?  You know how it feels when you hear YOUR song and you can't help but bob your head, tap your foot, sing out loud, close your eyes and move your head, or stand up and dance.  Dancing does wonders for the body, the soul, the mind, and your happiness!

I'm THAT PERSON that just gets up and dances.  I can be alone, getting dressed, in a bar, and what makes me love being me is I don't need to drink to move and groove in public.  When I feel it I jam!  If you're like me, amazing.  If not, why not?  Yes, I know we are all different but what's stopping you from busting a move?  I use to be afraid to dance in front of others, then one day I realized I don't care what other people think, why should I?  Are you afraid people are looking?  Are you afraid of what people are thinking about you?  Who cares.  Most likely they're thinking I wish I had that much courage, I wish I could just let loose and not care, I wish I could be more free.  So inspire yourself and by doing so you inspire others to free themselves.

Do you feel you don't have rhythm?  Once again, whether you have the rhythm you want or not don't let that stop you from moving and grooving to your own rhythm.  Remember dancing is about moving to YOUR BEAT!  You don't need to know the latest dance moves or the the newest songs, dancing is about the freedom and beat you feel from within and expressing it in YOUR way.

What does dancing do for you?  Baby let me tell you...
1) makes you feel free
2) releases endorphins
3) gives you a dancers high
4) tones the body
5) gives you a since of individuality
6) improves your mood
7) gives a since of satisfaction
8) decreases depression
9) eliminates depression
10) reduces anxiety
11) promotes happiness
12) increases energy
13) lowers stress
14) promotes weight loss
15) tones your body
16) gives you in overall since of happiness while you're inspiring others to get up and let loose!

There are so many amazing benefits of the simple act of dancing.  Stop being afraid to be you, stop being afraid to express yourself in YOUR way, get up and bust YOUR move!  Next time you're home and feeling stressed, worried, anxious, sad, or mad turn on some music that you love and just dance!

I love that the love of my life will just turn on music and dance.  He will walk up to me, grab me and we just start dancing!  I absolutely love this about him among other things.  He's not afraid to be himself nor is he afraid to enjoy himself through the simple act of dancing.  I fall in love with him more and more each time I see how free he is in his mind and body.

Dance with your kids, dance alone, dance with your love, dance with your family, dance with strangers, dance at events, dance at the bar, whatever you do please don't be afraid to dance!

Now turn on something that will get you moving and get up and DANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment