Friday, November 16, 2018

You Are Your Thoughts

Your thoughts run your world...

Have you ever sat back and though about your thoughts?  The very act of thinking about your thoughts is called metacognition.  When our brains develop around age 12 we all have the ability to think about our thoughts.  

1) What messages do you tell yourself throughout the day?
2) What do you say about other people in your head that you come across in life?
3) Are your thoughts mostly positive or negative?
4) What is the first thing you think about when you wake up? Positive or negative?
5) Do you have a positive view of your world or negative?
6) Do you build yourself up or bring yourself down with your thoughts?

These are just a few simple questions to ask yourself.  If your'e not sure about the answer take the rest of your day to analyze your thoughts as you go about your human activities.  At the end of the day you have an awareness of what type of thinker you are.

It's extremely important to have awareness of what you tell yourself throughout your human day.  If you come to a realization that most of your thoughts are putting others down, putting yourself down, negative outlook, poor view of the world around you then you can change all of this.  It's simple!  All you have to do is bring more awareness to your thoughts and when you find yourself going down a negative thought alley, change it!  Just like that, just change it.  Here's how:

1) The world is against me/ I'm the creator of my own destiny
2) I can't stand people/ everyone is different and uniquely beautiful in their own way
3) People are toxic/ there is so much I can learn from others insecurities or negative personality traits because I see myself in others.  Once you see yourself in others you can make healthy changes
4) I hate my job/ this job is just for now and it's allowing me to apply for other jobs.  This job is just for now because it's giving me the money to work on my dreams
5) I hate the people I work with/ I can learn a lot from those I work with and they are teaching me how to communicate with difficult people
6) I'm so unhappy/ I'm grateful to have another day on Earth to begin pursuing my dreams and be the best human I can be
7) They are so annoying/ What do I do that's just like them that I can start changing to better my own character

Try to see the best in things know matter what happens!  I had a career I couldn't stand at one point.  During that time I would spend my breaks and lunch breaks writing down ways to pursue my dreams.  When I would go home I would then put time into my dreams instead of being caught in negative thoughts about my career.  

Did someone do you bad in your past or hurt you.  How long are you going to hold onto that hurt before you move on?  You are only hurting yourself at this point by not letting go.  Can't get over your divorce and how your partner treated you?  Now you are being the toxic human that won't move forward and spending to much time in negative thoughts.  Is that all you talk about, your past hurts?  I can bet other humans don't like interacting with you much because you are a Debby Downer.  Change that!  Be a positive person and shut up about your past hurts and start building a beautiful future each day!

You have the power to create your own destiny.  You can only blame yourself if you choose not to put time and energy into pursuing your dreams.  Stop blaming other humans for your downfalls and instead put time and energy into building your character, pursuing your dreams, and doing whatever it is that makes you smile.  You are the creator of your own destiny.  

Go be a better you!


No comments:

Post a Comment