Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Quality Time With My Family Is The Best Time


I don't want to me a Mommy who just wants to get things done.  I want to be a Mommy who spends quality time with my baby boy and my family first.  Quality time is something you can never get back nor try to replace.  Quality time for me means putting my phone down and giving my family my undivided attention.  Through my Mental Health Career over the years I learned children and teenagers just want their parents to put their phones down.  I don't want my children to feel that social media is more important then them because it's not.  Social media is a facade of a life where people paint pictures of either what they want their lives to be or flat out lie.  Yes, I have a Facebook and an Instagram but it doesn't run my life.  I hope to have my children gain from me, you don't need your phone in front of you 24/7.

Laundry will eventually get done, the dishes will get done and I'm fine with putting them off because I would rather see my son's smile, talk to my Man when he gets home from work, eat dinner together, cuddle up on the couch with my family.  These are all things which can't be replaced.  When I feed my son I don't answer the phone.  When my family is watching a movie or eating dinner together-I don't answer the phone because phone life can wait, this is family time.

When I go to my family members home's I make an effort to set my phone down and even better, leave it in my purse on vibrate because people calling and texting can wait.  I would rather give my family my undivided attention then run for my phone.  Yes, at times I do wish cell phones never happened.  They are fun, but what if they never happened?  Humans would actually be forced to talk to one another.  It's the most annoying thing to me when someone is holding my baby and then freak out because OMG their phone is going off and they make a mad dash to get to their phone.  Okay you phone controlled human, give me my baby back!  NOW!

When you're around your family remember what quality time is.  Talk to one another, if you're going to bring up the person's past speak about things which lift them up-don't focus on their past failures nor negative personality traits.  Build them up!  Put your phone down and if you're brave enough turn it off or put it on silent out of eye site because that person calling you or texting you can wait.  Theres nothing like the time you spend with someone uninterrupted when they are physically in front of you.

Now go be a nice human.




No comments:

Post a Comment